Degrees & Minors
B.A. in Interior Architecture
Beirut and Byblos
Min. four years a total of 139 credits
Tuition, financial aid
This Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture Program includes the basic foundation of the Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Program, but adds an additional year of specialization that allows students a more comprehensive exposure to the profession of Interior Design. In addition, this Program prepares students for potential specialization, and Graduate studies in areas such as Industrial Design, Historic Preservation, Furniture Design, and other Graduate fields of study.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture also have the option of adding to their studies, by focusing their professional electives in one of the areas of specialization: Islamic Art and Architecture, or Graphic Design.
The School of architecture and Design follows the University admission requirements that are listed below.
- School record (the school grades of the last 3 years should be sent in a signed and sealed envelope directly to the admissions office. the grades of the last year or semester should be sent as soon as they become available)
- Student should be a Holder of the Lebanese baccalaureate: the four types: general science, life science, economics and sociology and literature and humanities or equivalence.
- Official scores of the test of English as a foreign language (TOFEL) and /or SAT exams if taken.
- For the architecture and interior design majors, students should sit for the SAT I exam for file application to be considered.
- For more details, please see “Admission to Undergraduate Programs” in the Academic Catalog (PDF, 991KB) and check the Admissions website to apply online.
The Mission of the Interior Architecture Program is to give students a comprehensive education, based on the humanistic approach to the discipline. This Program prepares students to assume their role as Interior Architects upon graduation, and/or to pursue Graduate studies in Interior Architecture, and other related fields.
The purpose of the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture is to:
- Offer students who successfully complete their studies the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Interior Architecture.
- Provide a platform for Graduate specializations in Furniture Design, Product Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Design, and other fields in design.
- Develop a broad base of theoretical knowledge, and the necessary practical skills.
- Assert the role of the interior architect as a synthesizer of the different factors which affect the built environment.
- To expose students to the current issues in theory and practice, and to the latest technology in the field.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture will acquire the following skills:
- The ability to practice interior architecture in various contexts and cultures.
- The capacity for critical thinking, and the ability for problem solving.
- The ability to identify design issues, to conduct research, and to provide solutions.
- The ability to design, and execute, projects relating to interior architecture, renovation, restoration and other related projects.
- A flexibility to deal with a large scope of interior design problems, and to understand the different materials and technologies, as well as space planning, furniture design, and other interior design specific tasks.
- The capacity to deal innovatively with projects of different types and scales.
- The capacity to elaborate projects with innovative structural systems, detailing, and material.
- The ability to engage in critical thinking and problem solving.
- The capacity to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- The capacity to serve the community in organ