Degrees & Minors
B.S. in Interior Design
Beirut and Byblos
Min. three years a total of 110 credits
The Bachelor of Science in Interior Design offers a general exposure to the practice of Interior
Design, by developing the necessary base for practice in the field. Building upon the common
Foundation Year, students are introduced, in the Second and Third years, to various design problems of gradually increasing complexity.
The School of architecture and Design follows the University admission requirements that are listed below.
- School record (the school grades of the last 3 years should be sent in a signed and sealed envelope directly to the admissions office. the grades of the last year or semester should be sent as soon as they become available)
- Student should be a Holder of the Lebanese baccalaureate: the four types: general science, life science, economics and sociology and literature and humanities or equivalence.
- Official scores of the test of English as a foreign language (TOFEL) and /or SAT exams if taken.
- For the architecture and interior design majors, students should sit for the SAT I exam for file application to be considered.
- For more details, please see “Admission to Undergraduate Programs” in the Academic Catalog (PDF, 991KB) and check the Admissions website to apply online.
The Mission of the Interior Design Program is to give students a comprehensive education, based on the humanistic approach to the discipline. This Program prepares students to assume their role as Interior Designers upon graduation, and/or to pursue Graduate studies in Interior Design, and other related fields.
The purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Interior Design is to:
- Offer students, who successfully complete their studies, the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Interior Design.
- Provide a platform for Graduate specializations in Furniture Design, Product Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Design, and other fields in design.
- Develop a broad base of theoretical knowledge and the necessary practical skills to assert the role of the interior designer as a synthesizer of the different factors which affect the living built environment.
- Expose students to the current issues in theory and practice, and to the latest technology in the field.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Program will acquire the following skills:
- The ability to practice interior design in various contexts, and cultures.
- The capacity for critical thinking, and the ability for problem solving.
- The ability to identify design issues, and to provide solutions.
- The ability to design and execute projects related to interior design, renovation, restoration and other projects.
- Flexibility to deal with a large scope of interior design problems, and to understand the different materials and technologies, as well as space planning, furniture design, and other interior design specific tasks.
- The capacity to deal innovatively with projects of different types and scales.
- The capacity to elaborate projects with innovative structural systems, detailing, and material.
- Flexibility to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- The ability to serve the community in organizations in both the public and private sectors.