Degrees & Minors
Minor in Advertising
The Advertising Minor prepares students to compete successfully in an environment where knowledge of business practices and a professional appreciation of the creative arts are required.
- Offer a working acquaintance of marketing practices,
- Offer an appreciation of media effects, and media diversity,
- Introduce an understanding of the differences between public relations, advertising and marketing and
- Allow students to appreciate the business dimension of the creative arts.
Students completing this minor will be able to:
- Develop a media/advertising plan,
- Develop a PR plan, write press releases, create a media kit, produce brochures, and assist in organizing events
- Present an advertising plan to a client,
- Do preliminary market research, and
- Develop and integrate the artistic component of advertising.