Department of Art & Design
The Department of Art & Design offers a challenging and creative approach to the study of fine arts, graphic and fashion design with emphasis on socially responsible, human-centered, and sustainable practice.
Why study art and design at LAU?
- We are a dynamic group of faculty and students working in a creative and challenging environment.
- The three programs offer a range of History of Art, Design, and Visual Culture courses to provide the historical, theoretical, and critical framework for understanding these creative fields and their impact on society.
- Our programs are complemented by:
- specialized workshops for students to gain professional experience.
- opportunities, for study abroad semesters to acquire international exposure, with global programs in Europe and the U.S. throughout a range of partner institutions.
- The three undergraduate programs have strong ties to practical experiences and international institutions, the Fashion Design program is established in collaboration with the London College of Fashion and Elie Saab. The Graphic Design program is a member of international councils in design such as the ISTD the International Society of Typographic Designers and ICO-D the International Council of Design. It also collaborates on different initiatives with Leo Burnett MENA, Beirut Design week and the MENA Design Research Center. The Fine Arts program is supported by inspiring teachers, field trips to galleries, museums and other art institutions.
- In addition to the three undergraduate programs, the DA&D offers an M.A. in Visual Narrative program and four minor programs in Animation, Fine Arts, Photography and Visual Arts.